The happy ending: The prince and the wedding
Powerlessness and grief: Deep unconsciousness from negativity
Liliana was sad and dejected. She wore the beautiful robes that had been laid out for her and had her hair done.
Again the queen had invited a suitor. He adored Liliana. He was cultured and intelligent, he even made Liliana laugh!
This gave him courage. One day he knelt down before her and said:
- I want you to be my queen! You are so beautiful and so noble. If only I could make you happy...!
But Liliana smiled sadly and remained aloof. However, the queen began to prepare the wedding.
Resurrection (the inner hero/prince: rising for love)
However, Liliana could not forget Johan. She realised: she had to see him again! She had to know ....
The next morning Liliana was woken by a ray of sunlight on her face. A pigeon was sitting on the window sill, cooing. She looked down from the window into the flowering garden and saw the castle fountain glistening, surrounded by the most beautiful flowers.
- I have to go out! she said to herself: It will do me good!
When she opened her wardrobe, she discovered her old trousers and shirt in the far corner. She quickly slipped them on. Then she left her room and went outside via the servants' hallway. She hurried to the stables, where Diamant greeted her with a joyful snort. She quickly put on his bridle, which was hanging on a hook. She did not want to fetch the saddle, because she did not want to meet anyone. She led Diamant out, swung herself onto his back and rode slowly to the gate. When she was outside, she put Diamant into a gallop and sprinted across the plain.
The dwarf house in the forest
Only in the forest did she slow down - the hut ... would she find it again? She let go of the reins in the hope that Diamant would lead her. Sure enough! It wasn't long before she spotted the cottage between the trees. She led Diamant behind the little house. There was a small pond with water lilies in bloom. She dismounted and sat down in the soft grass. Diamond moved away grazing. But suddenly he snorted.
Then she heard horse hooves. Through the trees she saw a noble knight approaching. He wore shining robes, a red cloak and sat on a white horse. She wanted to hide, but Diamant neighed. She looked down at herself - the old trousers, the much too wide shirt ...
Already the knight stood before her:
Liliana's heart leapt.
It was HIM! It was Johan!
Liliana told of the Queen's machinations and said angrily:
- ... and then she showed me the necklace I had given you and said you had slept with her!
- That witch! he exclaimed, then he lapsed into a dark, brooding silence again. Finally he said:
- I had lost the necklace! I was very unhappy when I realised it. It was because of your stepmother. She came just as I was about to ride away. She said some poisonous remarks. I didn't want to listen, but pocketed the little chain and quickly grabbed the reins and gave Domino the spurs. But the chain must have slipped out of my jerkin during the hasty movement. I even came back once to look for it - without success.
Again he was silent, then burst out:
- I would never have slept with her! But she! She tried to seduce me several times! - What do you think of me!!! Over my dead body!!! She lied to you! And even more: when she realised that she couldn't have me, she wanted to sic me on you ...
He spoke the last words very quietly with his head bowed.
The bite in the throat
Liliana shook her head uncomprehendingly. She thought of their last encounter in the cottage when he told her he had to leave. Finally she said:
- I didn't want you to leave. I wanted you to stay. That we stay together.
He nodded, remained silent and still kept his head down. Then she wanted to know:
- Where did you go after you left us?
In her heart she was afraid that he had found someone else.
- I went home, he replied.
Liliana's heart sank. So he had found someone else! That's how it had to be.
The son of the king
But Johan continued and told:
- I am the son of a king. But when my father fell ill, his treacherous advisor, Serpent's Tongue, chased after me and wanted to have me killed. So I fled from my father's castle. - Then, after I left you, I decided to return home and face Snake's Tongue. I found father. He was very weak, but he was still alive. Together with a few people who had remained loyal to him, I managed to expose Snake's Tongue and his evil machinations and chased him away. Father got well again!
Liliana looked at him. Yes, he really did look like a prince! She was confused and could not withstand his gaze. Then Johan knelt down in front of her and said:
- Liliana! I have always thought of you and carried you in my heart! Now I find you here! Will you become my queen?
Now her eyes lit up, she beamed and cried:
- I do!
At this she embraced him stormily.
Soon they were married and there was a big party in the castle to which the surrounding kingdoms were also invited.
How great was Liliana's joy when her father also appeared at the feast. The wicked queen was not with him. She had died of heart failure.
The two kingdoms were merged and given to the young couple.
And if they all lived happily ever after.