Twelve: The original, paradisiacal wholeness
What is it about the number twelve?
The number twelve always appears where wholeness is represented.
- The year has 12 months.
- There are 12 hours in the day and also in the night.
- There are 12 golden plates in the fairytale Sleeping Beauty.
- 12 covered silver bowls with food appear in the fairy tale Aladdin and the Magic Lamp.
- 12 tribes together form the people of Israel
- 12 disciples of Jesus accompanied their teacher day and night.
The twelve symbolises the original, paradisiacal wholeness.
12 = 4 x 3